32 weeks...






32 weeks according to BabyCenter:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Just reading that makes me super, super excited!!!

32 week highlights:
Kristin McLendon: 32 weeks...

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

32 weeks...






32 weeks according to BabyCenter:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds (pick up a large jicama) and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Just reading that makes me super, super excited!!!

32 week highlights:
  • Cravings-back to mexican-had it twice during this week!
  • Belly Button-The Robert Report says 95% outie.  And if you are wondering why he won't give me a 100% outie it is because the lower part of my belly button has never stuck out.  Maybe that was TMI, but just wanted to let those of you know that were wondering!
  • Sleep-about the same.  Heartburn and having to go to the bathroom continue to prevent me from getting a good nights sleep.
  • Symptoms-things are getting a little harder to do.  During the week I was home by myself and found myself saying out loud while putting my socks on, "Come on, you can do this."  Glad I know how to give myself a pep talk.
  • Movement-Little Hoot is just so sweet.  He/she really responds to its Daddy's voice and it is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen.
  • Other 32 week highlights:
    • We finished the nursery!  Yay!!!  Pictures are coming I promise.  Actually all of our bedrooms got makeovers, so I need to shoot all three rooms and share them with you.
    • I love the nursery.  It's so peaceful (I know most of you will say that will change-but we're still claiming a sweet, calm-natured baby that sleeps well!).  The room is peaceful and full of the presence of the Lord. I have found myself using the nursery as my prayer room in the mornings.  I figured what better place to hang out with the Lord than where our baby will soon be!!
  • Best moment of the week:  Courtesy of my McDad (aka father-in-law) the girls (being myself, my McMom, and my two sister-in-laws) were treated to a spa day at Chateau Elan and a weekend of shopping.  It was so much fun as it was a great weekend with family and Little Hoot and I got pampered.  It was much needed and I'm incredibly grateful for this beautiful gift.  Even my toes look pretty.  Which is a good thing-since I can't reach them.  (Pictures above are from our spa day!)

2 Comments:

At January 26, 2011 at 10:17 AM , Blogger Sara Beth Stout said...

My dr. gave me protonix to help with the heartburn. Maybe your dr. can give you something. It was a life saver to get some sleep. However, there is nothing to do so you don't have to go to the bathroom so much. It just comes with the territory!

 
At January 26, 2011 at 12:01 PM , Blogger April said...

Sounds like an awesome spa weekend!! How wonderful!! Enjoy these few weeks of preparation! So excited to see pictures of your nursery! I am sure it is super cute!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home